Sunday, September 11, 2011

remberance

Sometimes I have a hard time seeing the necessity or significance in looking back to events in the past.  I guess the urgency of the present overshadows the past for me.  There are some things I naturally look back on, but for the most part I'm a "move ahead'  kind of girl.  I know this can't be right though.  There is so much that we can learn form the past experiences in others lives' as well as our own.  I was reminded at church today that God often called His people to remember.  To remember the things He had brought them through, and the way He displayed His faithfulness over the ages.  This video made me realize that remembering is significant and important because it gives purpose, brings gratitude, strengthens community, provides prospective, and reignites hope.  And most importantly, looking back is a  reminder of God's faithfulness to us.

linkin' up with katie here...

3 comments:

  1. This clip was so moving. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great video. The Lord did a work in my heart today too about the importance of remembrance. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good perspective huh? I liked how he tied it to honor, value and what we value shapes who we are to become.

    ReplyDelete