Wednesday, September 14, 2011

magic-ish bullet

Totally been into this guy lately.  Actually bought it to make slushies with the girls.  I convinced them that this was waaaaay better than going to 7-11 for a Slurpee because it would last forever (or at least until one of them spilled nearly an entire bottle of syrup-yeah blue stickiness eternal).  Anyway, they are pretty much over it, but I an not even.  I've always wanted a magic bullet.  Okay really I've wanted a Vita-mix ever since the demo at the fair 10 years ago where they made ice cream and soup in the thing.  At least a blender than can make a smoothie without leaving golf ball sized ice chunks when its done.  Not able to justify the $50 price tag however when I have a "perfectly good" blender sitting in the kitchen already.  But who could refuse that ever-eye-catching orange tag?  Look a little closer...
That's right folks, $9.99.  I saved myself big bucks here (I know, I know, I didn't save a penny, I spent $9.99 plus tax, but you get the idea).  And let me tell you, this guy will give the bullet a run for his money.   2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, one cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 3 packs of truvia (its a bit much I know but its pretty hard to overcome the nasty protein powder flavor), 1/2 banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter.  Breakfast delight thanks to Slushie express. 

1 comment: