Okay, this is pretty cool I think. My bloggin' buddy Katie at Minivan Diva gave me this very special award. I love getting a peek into her life that is so different and so similar to mine. While she deals with legos, bmx bikes, and mud, I've got my hands full of princess, pink, and glitter. But we both love Jesus and are seeking to honor him with our roles and wife and momma in 2 amazing families. Thanks so much Katie!
Anyhoo, the rules are as follows:
1.} Thank and link back to the blog that gave you your award
2.} Share seven things about yourself
3.} Award 5 great bloggers
4.} Contact the bloggers to let them know you've given them an award
So here comes the big 7: (all things that have happened to me today that give you a sneak peak into who I really am)
1. I awoke to the sound of someone/something rummaging through our garbage can. We don't live in the hood so I knew it couldn't be a person, which only leaves and animal- a nocturnal animal, which I loathe. It was indeed a rat (I could tell my the infamous screech and hiss as it ran away) apparently feasting on es cargo (did you know rats eat snails?). Rats are my most detested animal, tied only with opossums. I can hardly stand to think about them. I could barely read the parts with Templeton in Charlotte's Web. I couldn't even watch the first 5 minutes of Ratatouille. Obviously not a pleasant wake up call.
2. Had my first diet Coke of the day at 10:30, which surely won't be my last. My mom calls it my chemicals, I call it my life line. Yes I believe I'm addicted.
3. Bought my girls the popcorn combo at Target. Yes, I frequent the Target snack bar. I have been known to splurge on Monster cookies and get my diet coke fix there. But my main stop is for popcorn for the girlies. I have found it to be the best $1.50 investment the store has to offer. I've got at least a half hour uninterrupted with their moths full of popcorn. And yes, that includes Leighton, contrary to popular belief one-year-olds can have popcorn (under strict supervision of course!)
4. Broke one of my financial goals and bought over $20 in Mother's Day Cards. I was going to be so good this year and make all of our cards (I probably have enough scrapbook supplies to make a card for every mother in the state), but alas, with only 2 more days to get them there I caved. I think I'll make the Father's Day cards tomorrow to avoid this issue next month.
5. Found this year's first superhighway of ants on the side-yard. Which makes me insane. Ants drive me over the edge. Like make me want to cuss over the edge. And there were too many times last year that I woke up to a superhighway in my kitchen with an off ramps at the marshmallow bag, syrup, and chocolate chips. Lord help me if they make a come back this year.
6. I caved in to the chocolate covered bridge mix at Henry's. Just a little bag full. It was my reward for making it though Office Depot, Target and Henry's with 2 girls in tow. If it were up to me, I would be on a strict diet of chocolate and sweets alone, but my teeth and my rear end have to say no once in a while.
7. I maxed out the pump at the gas station. Which would lead you to ask, what kind of car are you driving that would require over $75 for a fill up? (if you live in Cali would know gas is insane right now) It's true, I cruise a mini. And I'm not talking mini cooper- minivan folks. Its the nicest one on the road and sadly most of the time its the filthiest. And unfortunately they haven't made a hybrid Odyssey... yet.
And now- Here's the inspiring bloggers I am passing this award on to:
1. Amy at Amy Janelle Smets (my amazing sis)
2. Shauna at The Reed Life (my fave blog as of late)
3. Stephanie at Walking Lazy M (whose country life I wish I often lived)
4. Gina at Not So Random Stuff (who pulls off the role of mom, teacher, homemaker, etc. so well)
5. Sarah at Handbags and Pigtails (the friendliest gal in blogland)