Monday, May 2, 2011

leighton's room lately

Leighton's room has been getting a bit of a makeover lately.  Changing table out (sold on Craig's list along with the exersaucer and 2 strollers- which I was glad and sad to see go-my babies are all growing up!), new bookcase and girls play kitchen in, and some furniture rearranging.  So here's a little peek for you...

I got this dresser from my favorite thrift store before Leighton was born for $12 (only some minor fortification and about 4 cans of spray paint to make it work). Cut out the letter "L" and stuck it to some pretty paper on a clipboard.  Used scrap fabric to fill some more hoops and added the numbers.  Still waiting for a picture to fill that Target frame though...

found these tiny vintage alphabet flashcards on etsy and strung them up with some itty bitty clothes pins on baker's twine...

  framed pages of this children's book that was part of a collection of books I got from my grandma when she passed away (IKEA frames of course-already painted)...
 

 
and a rainbow collection of chunky board book favorites. The cute little globe bank (which is raided daily for gumball purchases) was thrifted too.  
So there you have a glimpse of the cheeriest (and most often cleanest) room in the house.

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Erin,
    You have an amazing sense of design. I love it. I also get the sad/glad part.
    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm that so cute i dont even know what to say!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Very cute my favorite part of the room are the hoops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh! i have the same theme in my son's room. i have those same flash cards and have been staring at them for months trying to figure out what to do with them. thanks for the tips! that room is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just adorable!!! and cheery indeed!
    Blessings!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage touches, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wow wow!
    i love this!
    you are so very creative and thrifty!
    it is certainly a lovely room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time visiting! I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the clipboard idea! Might steal it for my new "creative room" ;) GREAT job! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so cute! I love your style! That's such a good idea to use clothes pins to display the little cards. I have some of those too and had no idea how to display them, now I do! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this room is so full of happy!!
    i just love all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. Love it. Very inspiring as we are getting ready to re-do my son's room this summer :) Love your blog, this is my first time visiting! Im having fun looking through all of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are amazing. So much talent. I admire you. :) Sue Seydel

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the dresser color, do you remember what color spray paint? Good colors are hard to find! Love the room!

    ReplyDelete