Thursday, March 17, 2011

Saint Pattys

As a kid, I dreamed about Shamrock Shakes, the ones that make their debut but once a year on that speical Irish holiday.  I think once my mom let go of her extremely healthy family nutrition plan (you know the one where you make your own peanut butter and yogurt and replace all chocolate for carob?) and caved in to our pleas.  So today in honor of Saint Patrick himself, I treated the girls to their very first (but surely not last) Shamrock Shake.  I tried to convince them that leprechauns sneak into McDonald's and make all the shakes green on Saint Patrick's day but they were too smart for that old line.  Leprechauns or not, they sucked those babies down in no time flat.  And I must say they're even better than when I was a kid- topped off with whipped cream and a cherry.  Now that's a Happy Saint Patty's Day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment