Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ree and Me

If you have stepped foot into the blog world you know Ree.  Ree of Pioneer Woman fame.  And if you know Ree, you know her sin-namon cinnamon rolls.  I have indulged in them a few times, but this was the first time they found their way into my very own kitchen. I was making them for our weekend away at Big Bear and my sister's shower this weekend so I needed to freeze them.  You can freeze at several points according to Ree.  I choose to bake them completely and freeze them without frosting.  I then defrosted what I needed in the fridge and warmed them up at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  I also made the frosting ahead of time and froze/defrosted/warmed it.  Worked like a charm.  I won't be saying how may I ate.

 Ree claims she makes a mess every time she makes them, but do you think its this much of a mess?   Its the melted butter ooze factor.  After reading some tips, I tried two methods.  First using softened, not melted butter on the dough.  But the cinnamon and sugar didn't stick together and fell out when I rolled (which was really tricky) and cut them.  Looking like this:

 Wouldn't recommend.

 
  Then I went with the melted butter, it was much easier to roll/cut and looked like this.
BTW I refrigerated the dough for 2 days before I ever rolled them out-supposedly its easier to work with when its cold.

In the end, they all came out with that amazing melt in your mouth buttery,sugary, best in the world taste.  Thanks Ree.

No comments:

Post a Comment