Friday, March 25, 2011

Lookie what I found...

I've been on somewhat of a sort through/purge out in the house lately.  Not anything to the level of 40 bags in 40 days but something along those lines.  And I will say that there has been one back-of-the-van-full (because you can't really call it a trunkful right?) of donations so far and there's still more to be dropped off.  Anyway, I was sorting through linens/blankets/comforters/towels and the like and came across this beauty.  It was in a zippered bag inside out so all I could see was white.  I knew that it was a quilt my Grandma had made for me years ago, but I really had no idea what it looked like.  So it was like opening a Christmas present for sure.  And I was thrilled to see what I had been given (again).  All hand embroidered.  12 squares.  And perfect colors for my bedroom.  Thanks again Grandma- I'm sure I said it years ago but it doesn't hurt to say it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment