Sunday, March 13, 2011

movie goers



Brett and I got to go see a movie together for the first time in ages.  Seriously, it may have been The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe ages ago.  We've never been big movie people, the tickets have gotten so expensive, and when we have 2 hours alone without the kids, we want to interact, not zone out beside each other.  Anyway we got to see a screening of Soul Surfer (for free!).  Its the story of Bethany Hamilton, the surfer girl who lost her arm in a shark attack in Hawaii.  Bethany and her family are Christians and the movie does an amazing job of portraying her faith though the incredible challenges of losing her arm.  It was very well done, starring Helen Hunt as the mom who perfectly pulled off the middle aged, slightly leathery with sunbelached hair Hawaiian mom look, Dennis Quaid as the ever-cool surfer dad and super cute Anna Sophia Robb as Bethany.  I would highly recommend you take any teeny boppers you know to see it (instead of seeing J. Bieber of course).

One of the highlights of my night was treating myself to a huge diet coke, popcorn, and milk duds.  We figured since the tickets were free we could drop the big bucks on the food.  Now, I know its been a while since I've been in a theater, and it may have been the unusual crowd at a screening, but is is really okay to bring non-movie theater food into the theater?    I'm not talking about sneaking candy into your purse here.  I'm talking about bringing in a real silverware and a Tupperware of Salisbury steak with gravy.  Or a yoplait yogurt in your insulated lunch bag.  Seems a little weird to me. 

1 comment:

  1. The yogurt is pushing strange, but the steak with gravy is beyond strange.

    ReplyDelete