Sunday, August 7, 2011

Depending on Him

When I read something like this, I realize that if God wants us to depend on Him when it comes to raising our children, it should be no surprise that we encounter challenging situations where we have no resources of our own.  He desires to draw us close to Himself and to deepen our reliance on, and trust in Him.  And it is most often the challenges in life that accomplish these goals in our lives.  And quite honestly, my kids are my biggest challenge most of the time.  So when as the challenges arise (from the minute my eyes open in the morning, and on through the day-and night!), I need to see them as opportunities for me to rely more completely on the Lord.  Opportunities to turn to Him first, instead of a parenting book or a friend's advice.  To receive from Him the resources I really need...wisdom...guidance...patience...gentleness...self control...love.



1 comment:

  1. Erin,
    I love your wisdom. I truly learn so much from your heartfelt writing. I am relieved to know that I'm not the only one who feels like my children can be my greatest challenge. I feel guilty about it, but this post is such a wonderful reminder that it is an opportunity to draw closer to God. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete