Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On Ice

 
Brooklyn and Ellie have been looking forward to going ice skating for a while now.  I told Brooklyn right off the bat that I simply could not take her though.  I have clear memories of dreading those ice skating birthday parties, hugging "the wall" the entire time, and having a near panic attack when after circling once I had to pass the entrance to the ice where there was a break in the wall for 3 feet and there was nothing left for me to hang on to.  She would have to go with a much more coordinated person than I...insert Aunt Heather (one of the only people I know that has mastered the roller blade).  All was going well until Ellie and Brett crashed on their second go around and Ellie ended up with this:

 
several hours in the ER and 5 stitches.  
But look at that smile- what a trooper (and calm and collected Dad handled the whole thing himself!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! What a brave girl.

    The last time I was ice skating I was 7 and broke my arm. Yup. Last time.

    ReplyDelete