Saturday, January 1, 2011

Special Christmas Gifts

I love giving gifts, special meaningful gifts that are well thought out and not necessarily asked for.   I love the feeling I get when I get a great idea for a gift for someone or when I see something in a store and think, so and so would love this.   And then when they open it and really do love it and feel so loved and special that someone think of them and act on that thought.  Yes, this is one of my major love languages Gary Chapman tells me. I also love that my girls have the same excitement to give gifts to others.  And not just purchased gifts, but notes and hand made things.  This year we were blessed to give and receive many special gifts for Christmas.

I loved this moment.  Ellie has admired Brooklyn's ballerina music box for a long time.  Now she finally got one of her own.  The whole room was abuzz and she completely focused on admiring something that was all her own, and beautiful.

When Leighton really like something she bites it an hugs it at the same time.  
This doggie got a bite and a hug as soon as it was out of the box. 

 Brooklyn drawing on etch-a-sketch with Papa, 
a toy we always played with growing up at grandma and Grandpa's house.

Uncle Nathan swarmed by girls eager to give him his gifts- coffee for brewing.

Ellie helping Grammy open her gifts- yarn for crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment