Sunday, January 16, 2011

Moster Cookies

I'm a big frequenter of the snack bar at Target.  The popcorn combo (split in 2 bags please) allows me an average of 30 minutes of shopping peace when the girls are with me.  And when I'm alone (thanks to my mom), a diet coke as I shop makes the Target experience that much sweeter- with a refill on the way out the door of course.  Anyway, I usually just stick to the soda, but am verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry tempted by the enormous cookies in the display case each time.  I have to admit, I've indulged twice (it was the Christmas shopping stress I tell you) in the most amazing cookie possibly of all time.  And for a cookie lover like myself, that says a lot.  Its called a monster cookie (probably because of its monstrous size/calorie count).  I actually found the Archer Farms frozen dough but they weren't quite as good.  But never fear folks, I have perfected the cookie myself.  Here she is in all her glory.  One word... amazing.   And a few others... chewy, crunchy, chocolaty, nutty, delicioso!


Monster Cookies
2 eggs
1 c. packed brown sugar
2/3 c white sugar
1 t vanilla
1 t corn syrup
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup butter
1 c peanut butter
3 c. rolled oats
2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup m&ms (never mind the leftover Christmas ones I used)
1/2 c. peanuts (I used cocktail peanuts)

Directions:
Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients in order, mixing well (don't think you forgot the flour- there isn't any).  Use an ice cream scoop (yes a full sized scoop, you have to make them BIG) to put on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 12 minutes (they may not look quite done but you must not overbake!).  Makes 30 cookies (if you have used some restraint and havn't eaten half of the dough).

No comments:

Post a Comment