Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Handmade Toys


I wanted to make Leighton some toys for her birthday. I was tired of all the store bought things I kept seeing and wanted to try to give her something more original- plus I think we own every age-appropriate toy on the market.  I was looking for some simple things that she could play with now and as she got older.  I found these ideas on etsy, very easy to make and cheap too.  Counting bean bags (which by the way don't take a 10 pound bag of beans to fill-looks like we'll be eating beans for a while now), and little wooden people.  Each one has a color on the bottom that corresponds to a little "sleeping sack".  I bought the little people (3.5") here if you would like start a family of our own.

1 comment:

  1. We really need another crafting weekend or week for that matter. These are freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete