Monday, May 17, 2010

#3

I always hear about third child neglect- mostly from my younger brother and Brett's youngest sister (both #3s). They had less trips to get portraits at Olan Mills, less written in their baby books, less brand new toys and clothes, etc. etc. I can see now how this could happen. It is a challenge to give attention to a perfectly content baby when there are two older, louder siblings demanding your attention. Instead of mommy and me class, tummy time and Goodnight Moon, she gets rides in the car seat driving to ballet class, lots of time in her bouncy seat, and plenty of developmentally inappropriate princess stories. That being said, I am trying to make an effort each day to spend time playing with just Leighton. She is an adorable and precious baby and I want to give her all the love and attention she deserves. And hopefully she'll be an understanding youngest sister instead of a bitter #3.

1 comment:

  1. No way you aren't having three Disney princesses for Halloween/Harvest Festival every year till forever.

    ReplyDelete