Thursday, October 13, 2011

naps

She's nearing the age where this will soon become a thing of the past.
I often wonder as I close the door and leave her sleeping peacefully if this will be the last one. 
Somehow I got into the habit of laying with her to help her fall asleep. 
She's a squirmer and needs someone to keep her still.
She's a cuddler and needs someone close.
I often want to kick myself for starting this habit, but then I realize that the times I can lay beside her
close and still are going to be a rarity someday very soon. 
She'll start kindergarten in less than a year.
She'll be sitting at a desk under someone else's watch almost every afternoon.
I tell her I'll miss her like carzy.
She tells me she'll come home every afternoon, so don't be sad mom.
But I can't help myself.

1 comment:

  1. Jack and I miss Charlie this year. We're used to Charlie being in school, but it was hard to go from preschool to full-time kinder. Enjoy that extra cuddle time.

    ReplyDelete