Thursday, July 21, 2011

letting her do it

She picked the colors,
she picked the pattern,
she picked the decals,
but I insisted on her letting me paint them.
Fingernail polish is
easily tipped over
and
impossible to get out of clothes,
off tile,
off rugs.
Its sticky
and 
incredibly messy,
and a bit beyond the ability of a 6 year old, I'm afraid.
But she was persistent.
I can do it Mommy.
I promise I'll be careful.
I won't tip it over.
I know what I'm doing.
So,
I let go.
I let her do it.
She tipped over the polish once,
but I caught it in time.
She went outside the lines,
several times.
But I corrected her mistakes gently.
She did her nails
all by herself.
She was so proud.
I let go,
and let her do it.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Erin! She did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little ones are adorable! Her nails look great! Girls are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go brooklyn go........I'm coming over.. I'm way over do.

    ReplyDelete