The oldest picture I had on my computer
2 weeks in Hawaii, no kids, ahhhhhhh, the good old days right?
This week will mark 11 yeas of wedded bliss for Brett and me. Eleven years ago we promised to love each other forever, no matter what. We are so thankful that the God we promised our faithfulness to, has been faithful to us, in filling us with love for each other every single day. And I have to say, thanks to Him, we have an amazing marriage.
I've been reading God's Priorities for Today's Woman, a study on Titus 2:3-5, and let me say it has been kicking my butt. In so may areas of my life. But, I wanted to share some of the things I've been challenged with in the area of loving my husband. Because even after 1 1years, I've still got some major growing to do in that area. Here goes...
"Loving your husband biblically is not always convenient or easy for you; in fact it always requires sacrifice." Ouch! Am I willing to sacrifice? I know my kids require me to sacrifice, but my husband too?
"By faithfully making your husband a priority, you bring God glory."
It is my purpose in life to bring God glory, and if that is accomplished by loving my husband, that is what I must do.
Eight practical ways to make your husband a priority:
1. Think about him- Your heart follows what your mind dwells on.
2. Do his stuff first- He will be blessed when he sees you putting his stuff at the top of your to-do list.
3. Maintain an identity as a couple-Spend time together, just the two of you. Husbands thrive on their wives' undistracted attention.
4. Look forward to his homecoming- Prepare yourself, your kids and your home for your husbands arrival.
5. Be at home when he is home- Take care of your errands while he is at work so you can spend time together as a family.
6. Pray for him- There is nothing like praying for someone to motivate us to put our love into action.
7. Make your relationship with your husband a priority over the other friendships you have- Make your husband your best earthly friend.
8. From the first year of your marriage to the sixty-first year, plan on and look forward to times of intimacy with your husband- Nothing communicates priority more to a man than this wife's eagerness and willingness to meet his needs in this way. You are the only person on earth who can do this for him. And God has given you this special privilege to joyfully obey.
Let the wife see that she
reverences her husband-
that she defers to him,
Ephesians 5:33 (Amplified Bible)
Now you know what I mean about kicking my butt right?
Linkin' up with Katie...check it out!