Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bibbidy-Bobbidi-Bedroom

My fairy godmother-in-law granted my request and look what is beautifying my bedroom now!  I just can't imagine all the time she put into it, and I completely love it.  Now what should I do to upgrade my pillows/shams?  Any ideas?
And I guess this is an appropriate time to discuss the headboard too.  I had been looking for an older headboard (with spindles) that I could paint and add to our bed. Of course Craig's is my shop of choice and when I saw this one for the big price of $15, I was sure it was the one.  So after a 45 minute trip with multiple children crammed into the van, I was able to pick it up and get it home.  Only to find out it was not actually a headboard, but a foot-board!  And it didn't even peek over the pillows.  Luckily, I have a very kind and understanding husband, who has to deal with my spontaneous decisions/off the wall visions, and he was actually able to rig something to make it work. 
And I guess I'll be on to the mirrors while I'm at it.  I started this collection about a year ago and made more trips to Marshalls, Ross, and TJ Maxx than I had in years.  Trying it out, returning, re-buying, trying it out, returning. you get the idea.  Anyway, I settled on this configuration (for now at least).  Still trying to decide if I should paint them one color, several colors or leave as is.  Any suggestions here?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love everything about your bed room!! the colours the blanket the head board (ehm foot board) and mirrors everything is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! We have the same flower petal pillow on our bed. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Your room looks like a page from an Anthro catalog. The quilt is incredible.

    ~Cam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok can I have your address pretty please? Because I wanna come steal it all! I have that same rosette pillow from Tarjay and love it. Its funny how a pretty pillow can make me smile every.time.I.see. it:)
    xo,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete