Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Handel would be proud

Brooklyn had her first ever school Christmas performance last week.  I'm sure it was quite an ordeal to have hundreds of kids from kindergarten to 12th grade practicing and performing, but it turned out great.  My favorite part was the closing song where the ENTIRE school sang the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah.  Brooklyn had been singing "For thou our God omnipotent reigneth." in the bathtub for weeks (and knowing Brooklyn, she could tell you exactly what that means).

 I spent a good part of the afternoon making Brooklyn a stunning headband 
only to see her on stage in the shiny red Santa hat. Oh well. 

 
 Obviously not everyone has a beautiful singing face.

 Leave it to kindergartners to have a bit of a choreography mix up... 
was it rub my eye? pick my nose? or act like I'm sleeping?

No comments:

Post a Comment