Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oh my cupcake!


My sis in law is having a baby girl in just a few weeks and we celebrated today with a shower.  I was in charge of cake which for me, translated to cupcakes.  Of course I had to make the salted caramel crowd pleasers, but wanted to couple them with something new, equally as yummy, and of course chocolate.  Let me tell you, I have discovered the cupcake of all cupcakes.  By far, and I really mean it, the best cupcake in the world.  And lucky for you, I am taking a little break from eating them (I am between my second and third ones of the day) to let you know how to make some of your own- cause I know you won't want to share!

Make a chocolate fudge cake mix as directed on the box.  Fill 24 cupcakes with the batter.  Now here's the yummiest part.  Mix 6 oz cream cheese (softened), 1 egg and 1/4 cup sugar until really smooth.  Then stir 1 cup of chocolate chips into the cream cheese mixture.  Now drop 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each cupcake- it will sink in some.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Take them out and let them completely cool.  Now for the frosting.  Mix 2 packages of cream cheese (16 oz. total), and 1 stick unsalted butter until smooth.  Then add 2 teaspoons vanilla and 4 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth and stiff.  Put it in a ziploc, snip the corner, and squeeze away.  Top with mini chocolate chips.  Now go make them now- I guarantee you will love.

1 comment: